Friday, March 27, 2009

Memphis

After a long drive we arrived in Memphis. (We didn't stop in Arkansas, we didn't see anything that looked like it would be interesting along the way).
There are a lot of neon lights on Beale. It's like a little mini-Vegas without the gambling. The close off the streets from vehicles and let people drink in the street.
We saw lots of tacky gift shops and stopped into a few bars to watch some bands play on Beale.
The Rock & Soul Museum was interesting. It's a self-guided audio tour.
I also liked the Gibson factory tour. I may be biased because I am partial towards Gibson guitars.
The Sun Studio tour was great. The tour guides really seem to enjoy giving the tour and sharing the history, which made the tour fun.
Graceland was a little odd, and seemed to be much more expensive than the other tours we went on.
The Stax Museum of American Soul was also interesting.
I have photos that I'll post soon too probably.

No comments: